Hyde Marine Guardian ballast water treatment
The robustness and reliability of Hyde Marine’s Hyde Guardian ballast water treatment (BWT) system has been proven since 2003.
The benefits of Hyde Guardian:
- Approved by major classification bodies such as ABS, DNV, LRS.
- The Hyde Guardian is approved by the US Coast Guard for licensing in US waters.
- CE/ATEX certification for explosive environments which allows installation on product carriers.
- Economical in consumption, installation and maintenance costs.
- Simple, safe and chemical-free.
- Compact system and small footprint. Hyde Guardian can be supplied in modular form or on a skid.
- Flow rates from 60m³ to 6000m³ per hour.
- More than 400 installations in operation worldwide.
This ballast water treatment system operates in two phases:
Filtration of sediments and organisms down to 6µm
With stainless steel filters offering the following advantages
- increased reliability and efficiency
- self-cycling backwash
- no loss of performance due to wear
Thanks to its group’s experience in UV disinfection, Hyde Marine has been able to design the optimum system for ballast water treatment.
Particular attention has been paid to performance over time, reliability, and actual operating cost.